During the past 3 months we’ve been inspired by our students’ resilience, innovation and commitment (as they take On-Demand and BA Live! classes at home). While prepare the Butler Dance Education Center for the return of the Academy this September, we want to keep you apprised of current plans and preparations.
As we plan for a time of safe gathering, the health and safety of our students is our highest priority. We are closely following federal, state and city orders and those of our local health authorities when preparing policies, procedures and best practices to ensure the safest experience for your student and our Ballet Austin team members. In addition to limits on class size and enhanced cleaning/disinfecting regimens, all participants will be required to adhere to social distancing and updated facilities-use protocols. As you may imagine, there will be some new things to expect when you return.
We will continue to update protocols as we near the beginning of the school year and will be reaching out. Our faculty, staff and accompanists eagerly await your arrival and are busy in preparation to ensure that your time with us is safe and welcoming.
Community is everything to us and we remain here for our Academy family…we look forward to welcoming you back home!
What you need to know as you visit Ballet Austin
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
We continue to follow rigorous sanitization protocols that include:
- Ongoing scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces
- Overnight deep cleaning
- Your help with the observance of sanitization practices before and after your class
- Disinfectant spray or wipes located in each studio
- Hand-sanitizing stations are conveniently located in each studio for use before and after your class
Before You Come
- Class capacity limits are maintained
- Be aware that in order to support the goals of social distancing, only those taking class will be admitted to the building
- Anyone entering the building must wear a facial mask in public areas. Masks are required until you arrive at your personal space in the studio. Masks are highly recommended during class. Exceptions will be made if wearing a mask during class poses a greater mental or physical health, safety or security risk to the student.
- Hydration is important. Because water stations must remain closed in order to avoid public water sources (at this time), we ask you to bring your own water.
- Should you forget to bring your water bottle, individual packaged/sealed water bottles will be sold at the front desk.
- During this time when mats will not be available for loan, we ask you to bring your own/personal mat for mat-based classes.
- Should you forget to bring a mat, mats will be available for purchase at the front desk .
- Bring your own resistance band for classes using bands.
- Should you forget to bring a resistance band, resistance bands will be available for purchase at the front desk.
- Bring a small towel for use during your class.
- Limit personal belongings not needed for your class.
A Safer Way To Dance Together
We’re taking careful actions to facilitate social distancing. Look for signage and way-finding markers to guide you through each space.
- To support social distancing goals and consistent with state mandates, waiting and lounge areas, locker/dressing rooms and/or shower access will not be available during this time
- Enter the studio dressed in your class attire
- ONLY use the restroom on the floor where your class is located
Departure After Class
- If you elected to remove your mask during class, be sure to replace it before leaving your personal zone
- One person at a time on the staircase. When entering the stair case, yield to anyone already on the staircase
- Exit through the front door (using forearm to push the bar to open the front doors)
What You Can Do To Help Us All Stay Healthy
In an effort to keep everyone healthy, your help is needed to support a safe place to dance and work out. Together, we each do our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- While enjoying classes at Ballet Austin, please follow the protocols (following the current CDC guidelines):
- Wash your hands vigorously and frequently
- Use a hand sanitizer that’s at least 60% alcohol
- Keep a minimum of 6 feet apart from other people
- Avoid touching your face
- Wear a mask in all BA public spaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Prioritize your health. Get at least 20 minutes a day of exercise, eat a nutrient-rich diet, and get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep to help bolster the immune system
Current Parking Information
You can find current parking information during this time on this page.