Ballet Austin Academy Enrollment 2022/23
For a more personalized enrollment experience, please contact Academy Registrar Siobhan O’Donnell at 512.501.8703 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office hours: Monday – Friday 10 a.m to 6 p.m.
For more information about Ballet Austin Academy enrollment, please scroll down.
Welcome to Ballet Austin Academy! We are excited to announce that classes for Academy students ages 18 months to 18 years is open for enrollment for the 2022/23 school year.
Our downtown and north-central, Ballet Austin @ the J, locations are holding classes from September 6, 2022 — May 28, 2023.
Young Children’s Division (ages 18 mos. to 5)
Pre-Ballet Division (ages 6 — 7) — Downtown Only
Elementary Division (ages 8 — 12) — Downtown Only
Intermediate & Advanced Division — Downtown Only
Our north-central Ballet Austin @ the J Outdoor Pavilion location is enrolling from September 6 — December 11, 2022.
Young Children’s Division (ages 2 to 5)
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOLS
We are pleased to announce that patrons, parents, and students are once again welcome to return in person to the Butler Dance Education Center when Ballet Austin Academy begins the 2022/23 School Year. Our wonderful facility is once again open to all!
Ballet Austin will continue to monitor the CDC, federal, state, and local health officials, as well as the guidance of our medical advisor in this evolving situation. We will post updates to our protocols, as warranted.
- All eligible students are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated and boosted for COVID-19.
- If a student is feeling sick, regardless of whether or not they are vaccinated, they should stay home and contact their medical provider.
- We strongly encourage being tested for COVID-19 before returning.
- As the City of Austin and Travis County have lifted all COVID-19 emergency rules and orders, Ballet Austin is now a mask-optional facility.
- While wearing a mask is no longer required while on the premises at Ballet Austin, due to Austin’s current “low risk level,” we strongly encourage the wearing of masks while onsite at Ballet Austin.
WHAT HAPPENS IF A STUDENT TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19?
- Students who test positive for COVID-19 will need to isolate at home and report their case to the Academy Registrar, via email or by calling 512.501.8703.
- Students who test positive will isolate for 5 days (the day they test positive will be day 0).
- Students who test positive will need to be symptom-free and fever-free, without fever-reducing medication, for 24 hours before returning to Ballet Austin.
- Students may return to class on the sixth day after a positive test result and are asked to wear a mask for five more calendar days.
NOTE: Ballet Austin staff, faculty, and accompanists are fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN FOR NEW AND RETURNING STUDENTS
Current Academy Students
Students previously enrolled in Pre-Ballet 7 and below should register based on their age as of September 1, 2022.
Students previously enrolled in Level 1 and above should register based on their 2021/22 year-end evaluations.
New Academy Students
New Students ages 7 and under – will be placed according to their age as of September 1, 2022.
No Previous Ballet Experience, Ages 8 to 10 – are automatically placed in Level 1.
No Previous Ballet Experience, Ages 11 and older – should contact the Butler Center for Dance & Fitness at 512.501.8704 for information regarding ballet and other dance and fitness classes.
Previous Ballet Experience, Ages 8 to 18 – are required to attend a Placement Audition on August __ or submit a Digital Audition to determine their acceptance and level placement. For assistance, contact the Academy Registrar.
ACADEMY DIVISIONS & CLASS SCHEDULE
With just the right amount of creativity and structure, students are gently prepared for formal ballet instruction. By introducing students to the basic terminology, positions, postures and traditions of classical ballet, the curriculum enhances both cognitive and physical development.