THE NUTCRACKER SCHOOL SHOWS – VIRTUAL
Sponsored by H-E-B Tournament of Champions and endowed by Edie Rogat & Cotter Cunningham through the Ballet Austin Foundation
Each year more than 13,000 Central Texas elementary school students and teachers attend Ballet Austin’s The Nutcracker School Shows. Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and in consideration of the safety of students and teachers, Ballet Austin will present The Nutcracker School Shows in a virtual, on-demand format this year. The mission of these shows remains the same, as we provide one act of a professional ballet performance at a minimal cost for local elementary-aged students. While we wish we could be together live in the theater with you this year, we are excited to be able to offer a stunning recording of this performance with a view from the front row for you and your students to enjoy!
To enhance your students’ experience, we will also offer The Nutcracker docent program virtually. This is an optional pre-performance educational program geared towards 3rd graders that includes engaging activities for the classroom or home setting. Please click here to find out more about the virtual docent program.
- The Nutcracker School Shows Virtual performances will take place December 7-11, 2020 with a viewing window between 8am and 3pm each day.
- Admission to The Nutcracker School Shows-Virtual performances are limited to elementary school students only (Kindergarten through 5th grade) and their teachers.
- A minimum of 10 students per school is required for registration.
- This year we invite campuses to register exclusively for Act I of The Nutcracker.
- All reservations must be confirmed by Ballet Austin. After you submit your registration information you will receive an order confirmation and an invoice signaling that your reservation is confirmed.
Ticket Prices (for one act of the ballet)
For the virtual performances of The Nutcracker School Shows Ballet Austin is able to offer tickets to schools at half the usual price.
Students (Kindergarten through 5th grade only. Minimum group size is 10)
- $2.50 per student
- $2 per student for Title I School
Registration & Payment Deadlines
Dates & Times:
- Monday, December 7th: Act I, viewing window 8am-3pm
- Tuesday, December 8th: Act I, viewing window 8am-3pm
- Wednesday, December 9th: Act I, viewing window 8am-3pm
- Thursday, December 10th: Act I, viewing window 8am-3pm
- Friday, December 11th: Act I, viewing window 8am-3pm
2020 Registration Schedule:
Please put the following dates in your calendars now to make sure you meet all registration and payment deadlines.
- Wednesday, Sept. 23: Early registration opens for 3rd-grade students at 10 a.m.
- Monday, Sept. 28: Early registration opens for all other elementary grade levels and mixed levels groups.
- Friday, Nov. 13: All payments due for campuses who have already registered. Early registration closes. Any registration changes are due.
- Saturday, Nov. 14th- Friday, Dec. 2nd: Late registrations accepted. Payment in full is due immediately for all late registrations.
You will need the following information ready to provide when you register:
- The date you prefer to attend the virtual school shows (December 7-11)
- Title I status for your campus
- Total # of students attending
- Total # of adults attending
- Total # of students with special needs attending
- School name and district
- Total # of classrooms attending
- The grade level(s) of students attending the show
- School contact information including billing address
- Whether or not your campus would like to request a virtual Q&A with a Docent as a part of your access to our virtual Docent Presentation.
- Ballet Austin accepts ETF payments from AISD
- Cash, check or credit cards are accepted (no purchase orders are accepted)
There are no refunds for The Nutcracker School Shows Virtual performances.
If you have any questions that are not answered on this page, please contact Community Education Associate Kylie Philips by email or phone 512.476.9151 ext. 141
The Nutcracker School Shows Virtual Docent Program
Each year Ballet Austin offers The Nutcracker docent program free to campuses that register for The Nutcracker School Shows to engage students in educational content and help contextualize their experience. This year’s presentation will be delivered virtually and includes fun elements such as video excerpts and simple dance activities.