THE NUTCRACKER SCHOOL SHOWS – VIRTUAL
Sponsored by H-E-B Tournament of Champions and endowed by Edie Rogat & Cotter Cunningham through the Ballet Austin Foundation
Each year more than 13,000 Central Texas elementary school students and teachers attend Ballet Austin’s The Nutcracker School Shows. Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and in consideration of the safety of students and teachers, Ballet Austin will present The Nutcracker School Shows in a virtual, on-demand format this year. The mission of these shows remains the same, as we provide one act of a professional ballet performance at a minimal cost for local elementary-aged students. While we wish we could be together live in the theater with you this year, we are excited to be able to offer a stunning recording of this performance with a view from the front row for you and your students to enjoy!
To enhance your students’ experience, we will also offer The Nutcracker docent program virtually. This is an optional pre-performance educational program geared towards 3rd graders that includes engaging activities for the classroom or home setting. Please click here to find out more about the virtual docent program.
- The Nutcracker School Shows Virtual performances will take place December 7-11, 2020 with a viewing window between 8am and 3pm CST each day.
- Admission to The Nutcracker School Shows-Virtual performances are limited to elementary school students only (Kindergarten through 5th grade) and their teachers.
- A minimum of 10 students per school is required for registration.
- This year we invite campuses to register exclusively for Act I of The Nutcracker.
- All reservations must be confirmed by Ballet Austin. After you submit your registration information you will receive an order confirmation and an invoice signaling that your reservation is confirmed.
Ticket Prices (for one act of the ballet)
For the virtual performances of The Nutcracker School Shows Ballet Austin is able to offer tickets to schools at half the usual price.
Students (Kindergarten through 5th grade only. Minimum group size is 10)
- $2.50 per student
- $2 per student for Title I School
Registration & Payment Deadlines
Dates & Times:
- Monday, December 7th: Act I, viewing window 8am-3pm CST
- Tuesday, December 8th: Act I, viewing window 8am-3pm CST
- Wednesday, December 9th: Act I, viewing window 8am-3pm CST
- Thursday, December 10th: Act I, viewing window 8am-3pm CST
- Friday, December 11th: Act I, viewing window 8am-3pm CST
2020 Registration Schedule:
Please put the following dates in your calendars now to make sure you meet all registration and payment deadlines.
- Wednesday, Sept. 23: Early registration opens for all campuses.
- Friday, Nov. 13: All payments due for campuses who have already registered. Early registration closes. Any registration changes are due.
- Friday, Nov. 13- Friday, Dec. 2: Late registrations accepted. Payment in full is due immediately for all late registrations.
You will need the following information ready to provide when you register:
- The date you prefer to attend the virtual school shows (December 7-11)
- Title I status for your campus
- Total # of students attending
- School name and district
- Total # of classrooms attending
- The grade level(s) of students attending the show
- Total # of teachers and aides attending
- Total # of students with special needs attending
- Whether or not any students will require audio description to accommodate visual impairments
- Whether or not your campus would like to request a virtual Q&A with a Docent as a part of your access to our virtual Docent Presentation
- School contact information including billing address
- Your campus credit card to hold your registration order. NOTE: The card will be held on file to reserve your registration but will not be charged. You can pay your invoice at a later date by EFT, check, cash, or credit card.
New Registration Process:
This year’s registration process will look different, as we will be using our ticketing system to process all requests.
- During registration there will be general instructions that apply to anyone buying tickets. Any green text is specific to teachers.
- A credit card is required to hold your registration but will not be charged if you select to pay by a payment plan. Payment plans may be paid by check, electronic fund transfer, or credit card before the payment deadline on November 13th. Purchase orders will not be accepted as payment.
- When registering, you will create an account so we can tie your registration to your campus. Guest checkout is not available for The Nutcracker School Shows.
- Upon registration, you will receive an order confirmation that will list the number of tickets reserved and the total amount due. This indicates that your order has been received.
- You will receive a separate email within 5 business days that has your invoice included with the payment deadline listed. This is your confirmation that you are registered for The Nutcracker School Shows Virtual.
- Any changes to your initial submission are due by November 13th and should be e-mailed directly to our Education Team.
- If you register on or after November 13th (late registration) payment will be due immediately upon registration.
- Ballet Austin accepts EFT payments from AISD
- Cash, check or credit cards are accepted (no purchase orders are accepted)
NOTE: You will need to enter a credit card number for your campus to register. The card will be held on file to reserve your registration but will not be charged. You can pay your invoice at a later date by on of the methods listed above.
There are no refunds for The Nutcracker School Shows Virtual performances.
If you have any questions that are not answered on this page, please contact Community Education Associate Kylie Philips by email or phone 512.476.9151 ext. 141
The Nutcracker School Shows Virtual Docent Program
Each year Ballet Austin offers The Nutcracker docent program free to campuses that register for The Nutcracker School Shows to engage students in educational content and help contextualize their experience. This year’s presentation will be delivered virtually and includes fun elements such as video excerpts and simple dance activities.