Design your own group dance class. Build your own group workout.
Are you getting married and want a unique and fun activity for your bachelorettes or bachelors? Are you looking for a fun team building activity, or something creative to do with your work colleagues or friends? Dance is a fun and fantastic way to build camaraderie through a shared experience with your group. Or just make it a Dance Party!
Choose your friends, family members or work colleagues and create a class that fits your needs and interests.
We like to think of it as ‘Movement A-la-Carte’! You choose!
- Choose your class!
- A favorite dance style
- A fitness or dance fitness class
- Experience level
- Choose your location!
- In our studio
- At a location of your choice
- Virtually on Zoom
- Who takes the class with you?
- Friends, family, wedding party or colleagues
- How many people in your class?
- In-studio group classes 5-20 people
- Other locations depending on size of space
- Virtual group classes up to 75 people
- What day and time and length of class?
- Who do you want to teach the class?
- Do you have a music request?
- Choose any combination that works for you!
Create-A-Class ideas to get you started:
- Holiday Dance Party – Celebrate the holidays dancing with your team!
- Videodance™ Party (Choreography of a Favorite Music Video Artist such as Britney, Beyoncé, and more!)
- Learn the THRILLER choreography from Michael Jackson’s iconic music video?
- Bachelorette Dance Parties: Favorites are Videodance™ Parties, Hip Hop classes, Cardio Hip Hop, Cardio Dance
- Dance Birthday Parties – just grooving to your favorite music will make this the best birthday ever!
- Group Fitness Classes
- If it’s on our schedule we can design it for you!
Please allow 10-14 business days to schedule a class.
Pricing and FAQs
Group Privates: Create-a-Class
Rates are Determined Based on number of people and whether the private session is a Technique Class or whether it involves teaching choreography.
- One-Hour Private Group Lesson for a One-Time Special Class in a Studio at Ballet Austin (6–17 People): $175 – $300
- One-Hour Private Group Lesson for a One-Time Special Class in a Studio at Ballet Austin (18–40 People): $350 – $495 depending on group size and type of private
- Virtual Group Private on Zoom (6-75 People): $150 – $300
- Two-Hour Private Group Lessons for a One-Time Special Class in a Studio at Ballet Austin (6–40 People): $475 – $700
- One-Hour Group Class Booked at an Off-Site Location or Place of Business (Number of People Dependent on Floor/Space): $405 for One-Hour Off-Site Class – we come to you!
When the client isn’t learning or practicing dance but requests a piece of original choreography for a specific occasion—an original dance for “first dance” at a wedding or for competition dances and auditions—there may be an added choreographic fee to the private lesson rate. This can range from $100 to $300 in addition to the private rates, dependent on choreography and time spent by the instructor.
Fees are determined based on the requested piece, and how many minutes of choreography is needed. Clients are allowed to video the session but must provide their own camera and videographer.
When is payment due for each class?
Payment is due at the time of booking confirmation. Payment may be made online or by phone. A $25 non-refundable booking fee is included in the cost.
What is the Create-A-Class Cancellation Policy?
We respectfully request 24-hours advance notice of cancellation for a refund less the $25 non-refundable booking fee.
Does each person taking the class need their own studio account?
Only the person paying for the class is required to have an account. For on-site classes at Ballet Austin, we will ask at check-in at the front desk that each person sign a liability waiver. You can bring a copy of the signed waiver with you or copies will be available in person.
What are your health and safety protocols for in-studio classes?
You may read our protocols here. Participants will need to adhere to all current protocols.
What if our group would like a virtual class of 75+ participants?
For 75+ participants, your group or organization will need to provide a paid Zoom account to host the class that would accommodate the number of the participants and allow our instructor/staff to host the class session using the account.
Request your class below or email us with questions.
Scheduling Policies & Procedures
- Private lessons for individuals and groups should be scheduled through the Butler Center for Dance & Fitness Office. Email your request.
- Please allow at least 10 to 14 business days to schedule a private lesson.
- The Butler Center for Dance & Fitness office will schedule and confirm with both client and instructor, as space, and instructor time is available. Rates are set by and payable to Ballet Austin.
- Payment must be received PRIOR to the private lesson. Private lesson payments are payable to Ballet Austin by check, cash, or credit card.
- Private lesson rates include instructor, staff booking time, studio rental, liability, administrative costs, and are payable directly to Ballet Austin prior to the scheduled lesson.
- Scheduling a private depends upon studio and instructor availability.
- For new clients, please set up a profile in our system for booking and receiving payment.
- At least 24 hours’ notice is required when canceling a private lesson.
- Please Note: Private lesson cancellations will be charged for the lesson if at least 24-hour notice of cancellation is not given.
- For Private Group bookings, an initial non-refundable Booking Fee of $25 is required to begin the process of schedule. The $25 will apply to the total payment.