PRIVATE DANCE & FITNESS LESSONS
Available for Individuals & Groups
Individual: Private Dance Instruction
Private lessons are a fast and focused way to become proficient in a particular dance style. The one-on-one setting is perfect for those looking to improve a specific dance technique, prepare for a competition or audition, or to prepare for a wedding dance.
Learn or improve a particular style of dance:
- Receive one-on-one dance instruction in a particular style of dance (ballet, hip hop, contemporary, tap)
Get ready for your big day and learn a special dance for your wedding:
- Available for individuals or couples
Prepare for an upcoming competition or audition*:
- A great way for dance team members and competition dancers to focus on and improve technique
- Work on Turns & Jumps
- Learn the ropes for an audition, including dance technique and attitude!
Individual: Personal Wellness & Fitness Coaching
- Work with a personal trainer to jump-start your fitness goals or rehab after an injury.
- Schedule a one-on-one private coaching session to work on your individual health, wellness, and/or fitness goals.
- One-on-one personal fitness training with certified instructors include:
- Nutrition or weight loss consultation
- Flexibility or strength training
- Balance training for older adults
- Cognitive fitness training with a Certified Brain Health Trainer
Groups: Private Group Classes
Are you getting married and want a unique and fun activity for your bachelorettes or bachelors? Are you looking for a fun team building activity, or something creative to do with your work colleagues or friends? Dance is a fun and fantastic way to build camaraderie through a shared experience with your group. Or just make it a Dance Party!
Bring your cameras and phones and capture what will become a favorite memory!
Ideas for your private Group Dance Class:
- Dance Fitness Party
- Holiday Dance Party – Celebrate the holidays dancing with your team!
- Videodance™ Party (Choreography of a Favorite Music Video Artist such as Britney, Beyoncé, and more!)
- Learn the THRILLER choreography from Michael Jackson’s iconic music video?
- Bollywood Dance Party
- Bachelorette Dance Parties: Favorites are Videodance™ Parties, Hip Hop classes, Cardio Hip Hop, Cardio Dance
- Dance Birthday Parties – just grooving to your favorite music will make this the best birthday ever!
- And More! There’s always a reason to dance!
Dance can add fun and energy to meetings. Enjoy a new fresh activity with your sorority sisters, group of friends, or colleagues. Or just get a group together for the fun of it to make memories! We have booked private group sessions for companies such as Google, Maxwell Locke and Ritter, and more!
NEW! CREATE-A-CLASS! Find out more here.
Group Specialty Fitness Classes:
- Special Group Rates for tour groups or for a group of friends/colleagues wanting to take a one-time fitness class together.
- Get your group together and take a fitness challenge, kicking it off at Ballet Austin! Pilates, Yoga, Dance Fitness…any of our regular drop-in classes can become a private group class!
Rates vary depending on the type of group session being requested.
Pricing and FAQs
Private lesson rates include instructor, staff booking time, studio rental, liability, administrative costs, and are payable directly to Ballet Austin prior to the scheduled lesson. Scheduling a private depends upon studio and instructor availability.
Single Private Lesson: A Single Instructor Teaching One Person
- One-hour Private Lesson that includes teaching one person dance technique only or coaching in a workout: $140 per Hour (Rate is $130 per Hour when pre-paying for 5 or more lessons during an 8-week period)
- Two-hour private with one person: $250
- One-hour Private Lesson that includes teaching or cleaning a set piece of choreography (teaching steps of a dance with choreography already set by the student; the instructor is not creating the choreography): $195 per Hour
- One-hour Private Lesson that includes teaching a style of dance with an instructor dancing with a client (teaching a couples’ style of dance): $195 per Hour
Duet Lesson: A Single Instructor Teaching Two People together
- One-hour Private Duet Lesson that includes teaching 2 people together in a dance technique only (no choreography) or coaching in a workout: $160 total ($80 may be charged to EACH Person)
- One-hour Private Duet Lesson that includes teaching or cleaning a set piece of choreography for 2 people together. EG: a couple’s wedding dance, father/daughter dance, competition dance, etc.: $225 per Hour
Small-Group Lesson: A Single Instructor Teaching 3–5 People
- One-hour Private Small Group Lesson: $175–$375 (Can be Billed Separately to Each Person)
- Rates are Determined Based on number of people and whether the private session is a Technique Class or whether it involves teaching choreography.
Group Classes: For Tour Groups, Bridal Parties, Group of Friends/Colleagues who want to take a one-time private group dance or fitness class together – perfect for birthdays, bridesmaids parties, Bachelor parties, Team Building, and more!
- One-Hour Private Group Lesson for a One-Time Special Class in a Studio at Ballet Austin (6–17 People): $300
- One-Hour Private Group Lesson for a One-Time Special Class in a Studio at Ballet Austin (18–40 People): $350 – $495 depending on group size and type of private
- Two-Hour Private Group Lessons for a One-Time Special Class in a Studio at Ballet Austin (6–40 People): $475 – $700
- One-Hour Group Class Booked at an Off-Site Location or Place of Business (Number of People Dependent on Floor/Space): $405 for One-Hour Off-Site Class – we come to you!
When the client isn’t learning or practicing dance but requests a piece of original choreography for a specific occasion—an original dance for “first dance” at a wedding or for competition dances and auditions—there may be an added choreographic fee to the private lesson rate. This can range from $100 to $300 in addition to the private rates, dependent on choreography and time spent by the instructor.
Fees are determined based on the requested piece, and how many minutes of choreography is needed. Clients are allowed to video the session but must provide their own camera and videographer.
Schedule a one-on-one session starting at $50 an hour.
Scheduling Policies & Procedures
- Private lessons for individuals and groups should be scheduled through the Butler Center for Dance & Fitness Office. Email your request.
- Please allow at least 7 to 14 business days to schedule a private lesson.
- The Butler Center for Dance & Fitness office will schedule and confirm with both client and instructor, as space, and instructor time is available. Rates are set by and payable to Ballet Austin.
- Payment must be received PRIOR to the private lesson. Private lesson payments are payable to Ballet Austin by check, cash, or credit card.
- Private lesson rates include instructor, staff booking time, studio rental, liability, administrative costs, and are payable directly to Ballet Austin prior to the scheduled lesson.
- Scheduling a private depends upon studio and instructor availability.
- For new clients, please set up a profile in our system for booking and receiving payment.
- At least 24 hours’ notice is required when canceling a private lesson.
- Please Note: Private lesson cancellations will be charged for the lesson if at least 24-hour notice of cancellation is not given.
- For Private Group bookings, an initial non-refundable Booking Fee of $25 is required to begin the process of schedule. The $25 will apply to the total payment.