Not Afraid of the Dark—The Show That Glows!® School Shows
Not Afraid of the Dark—The Show That Glows!® is endowed in part by Emily Moreland / Moreland Properties through the Ballet Austin Foundation.
Recommended for Pre-K and elementary schools
About the Program
Ballet Austin TWO delights with a production that turns darkness into a place to laugh, sing, clap, dream, dance, and do everything imaginable, except be afraid! Not Afraid of the Dark—The Show That Glows!® is the story of nighttime in the life of a young child. They chase fireflies in the park, get ready for bed, and find out about all the wonderful magic that happens in the dark. Through these children’s dreams and with the help of special lighting effects, Artistic Director Stephen Mills invites us to dance with the stars, catch shadows, and visit the land of stick people. We discover the dark is never scary, but fun and can be seen in a whole new light. Through this production, you’ll discover what wonderful things can happen when you “turn out the lights”!
FEATURING: Ballet Austin TWO
CHOREOGRAPHY: Stephen Mills
CONCEPT & MUSIC: Joe Scruggs
Performances at Ballet Austin
- Ballet Austin, 501 West 3rd St., Austin, 78701
Date & Times:
- September 29 at 10am
- September 29 at 12pm
- $6 per person (students, teachers, chaperones) for Title I schools
- $10 per person (students, teachers, chaperones) for all other schools
- Minimum 10 students per school is required for registration.
- A minimum of 200 registered students is required to proceed with the show.
- No children younger than the age of 3 are allowed to attend. Children ages 3 and 4 must be enrolled in a Pre-K program to attend. Chaperones must be 18 years of age or older.
- A ticket must be purchased for each person attending the performance.
Registration and Payment Schedule
Please enter the following dates in your calendar now to insure you meet all registration and payment deadlines.
- Wednesday, August 16 at 10 am: Registration opens for all campuses.
- Friday, September 15:
- All payments are due.
- All registration changes are due.
- Wednesday, September 28 at 9 am: Registration closes for all campuses.
Dates for Receiving Materials
- Friday, September 15: All schools that have paid in full receive the link to Not Afraid of the Dark—The Show That Glows!® curricular materials. All other schools receive these materials upon completion of payment.
Week of September 18: All schools that have paid in full receive parking and attendance information.
Payment Options and Info
- Ballet Austin accepts EFT/ACH payments from several school districts, including AISD and Hutto ISD. If your district prefers payment by EFT/ACH and does not have that set up with us yet, please contact us to do so.
- Checks are accepted.
- No purchase orders are accepted as payment.
- There are no refunds for school shows.
Not Afraid of the Dark—The Show That Glows!® School Shows registration is closed.