Teacher Professional Development
Ballet Austin offers in-person and virtual professional development opportunities for public school dance educators in Central Texas throughout the year. Ballet Austin is a Texas Education Agency (TEA) approved provider of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) certification.
Each of our professional development workshops is a customized experience created specifically for your team. Opportunities include master classes in dance and fitness, as well as training in classroom curricula and moderated best practices discussions. We also offer team-building experiences for teachers of all grades and subjects.
Master Technique Classes
Learn for your own growth or train to teach in any of the broad range of dance and fitness styles offered through Ballet Austin’s Butler Center for Dance & Fitness. Schools and school districts may arrange for privately-held master classes for their teachers to take in-person or virtually in order to earn CPE credits. Popular styles include:
- Ballet Barre & Core
- Floor Barre
- Pilates-Based Mat Classes
- Pilates Mat
- Cardio Pilates
- Arms, Abs, & Legs Conditioning
- Resistance Band Workout
- Stretch and De-Stress Pilates
Classroom Curricula & Lectures
The following classroom curricula were developed for middle school and high school classrooms. Each lesson includes a multi-media PowerPoint presentation, teacher lecture notes, and student handouts. During your professional development session, a Community Education team member will guide you through the curriculum and answer questions about implementing it in your own classroom.
Available curricula include:
- The History of Classical Ballet
- The History of Modern Dance
- The History of Hip Hop Dance
- The History of Jazz Dance
- Cornerstones of Contemporary Ballet
- The Future of Ballet and Dance
- Career Paths in Dance
- The Choreographer’s Toolkit
The following lectures and facilitated discussions/brainstorms are also available:
- Injury Prevention (lecture only)
- Nutrition for Dancers (lecture only)
- Dance Education Best Practices (a facilitated discussion and brainstorm session)
If you’d like to explore a technique or topic that is not included above, please include that in your request.