NIGHT OF COMMUNITY
Underwritten by the Georgia B. Lucas Foundation Fund of the Austin Community Foundation, Wells Fargo, and Reaud Foundation
Through the support of our underwriters and sponsors, Ballet Austin welcomes central Texas non-profit social service organizations and their clients to join us for our final dress rehearsal of each production. This season, we will invite 5,000 guests to attend these dress rehearsals at no charge. The goal of this program is to offer financially-challenged community members an opportunity to attend a live ballet performance for free.
Ballet Austin’s Night of Community illustrates how non-profit agencies, the business community, and the arts can partner to benefit the entire Austin community. If your organization is a social-service 501(c)(3) non-profit serving those that are financially challenged in the Austin and immediately surrounding areas, your group may be eligible for free tickets.
The 2020/21 Night of Community dates are in the process of being confirmed and will be announced soon.
To learn more about this program or inquire about your organization’s eligibility, please email Community Education Director Pei-San Brown or call 512.476.9151 ext. 178.
The Impact on Surrounding Communities
"Most of the families staying in our homeless shelter are struggling to get their basic needs met. For some of our clients, these community nights were their first exposure to professional dance productions. Thank you for thinking of our residents and making the arts accessible to all members of our community."
Dawn Bayardo, Child and Family Therapist
The Salvation Army
"Night of Community gives our clients a chance to have an experience that they otherwise wouldn't be able to have. I saw a group of our kids that were so excited over what they were experiencing as if it was the best night of their life."
The Dream Come True Foundation
"All my clients who attend report enjoying the ballet. Getting a distraction from a difficult life of stress, illness, and poverty is a great relief. Most of the [clients] I have invited have never been to the ballet before and now ask about when the next one will be."
Ada Martinez, LCSW
Seton Community Health
Night of Community FAQs
Who Attends Ballet Austin’s Night of Community?
Since the 2001/02 season, Ballet Austin has invited over 150,000 clients of area non-profit social service organizations to its Night of Community, the final dress rehearsal for each of its performances.
Below is a partial list of the organizations we have served through the years with these complimentary rehearsal viewings at the theater.
- Abundant Life Network
- AIDS Services of Austin
- AISD Communities in Schools
- American Youthworks
- Any Baby Can
- ARC of the Capital Area
- Austin Eastside Story Foundation
- Austin Partners in Education
- Austin Resource Center for Independent Living (ARCIL)
- Austin Shelter for Women & Children
- Austin State Hospital
- Austin Sunshine Camps
- Austin Travis County Integral Care (ATCIC)
- Autism Society of Greater Austin
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Texas
- Bill Pickett Educational Foundation
- Boys & Girls Club
- Breakthrough Central Texas
- Capital Area Food Bank (now known as Central Texas Food Bank)
- Capital IDEA
- Caritas of Austin
- Casa Marianella
- Community Advocates for Teens
- Community Partnership for the Homeless
- Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA)
- Down Syndrome Association
- Dreams Come True
- El Buen Samaritano
- Foundation Communities
- Foundation for the Homeless
- Gonzales Youth Center
- Goodwill GoodGuides
- Helping Hand Home for Children
- Kelly Davidson Pediatric Cancer Foundation
- Imagine Art
- Leadership Enrichment Arts Program (LEAP)
- Make A Wish
- Marbridge Foundation
- Mary Lee Foundation
- Marywood Children and Family Services
- Multicultural Refugee Coalition
- Meals on Wheels
- People’s Community Clinic
- Pro Arts
- Project Transition
- Proyecto Teatro
- Rivercity Youth Foundation
- Ronald McDonald House
- Safe Alliance (formerly known as SafePlace and Austin Children’s Shelter)
- St. Edwards University College Assistance Migrant Program (CAMP)
- Samaritan Health Ministries
- Salvation Army
- The Settlement Home
- Southwest Key
- Starlight Children’s Foundation
- Wonders and Worries
How Can My Organization Apply for Tickets to Night of Community?
To apply for this program, please email the following to Community Education Director Pei-San Brown:
- A copy of your organization’s 501(c)(3) tax determination letter from the IRS. Scanned copies are acceptable.
- A letter of request from your executive director describing the population that would be served by this program, as well as the benefits they will receive from participating in this program. The letter from your executive director must be printed on organizational letterhead and signed and can be mailed or scanned and emailed.