INDIVIDUALS OR DUETS:
PRIVATE DANCE INSTRUCTION
For those desiring to learn or improve a dance technique or prepare for a competition, audition, or first dance at a wedding, private dance lessons can offer a great option due to the individual attention and focus.
PRIVATE GROUP CLASSES:
Are you looking for a fun team building activity, or something creative to do with a group of friends? Or maybe a unique and fun activity for bachelorettes or bachelors before a wedding day? Make it a Dance Party!
FAQs and Pricing:
What is Individual/Duet Private Dance Instruction?
Private lessons are a fast and focused way to become proficient in a particular dance style. The one-on-one setting is perfect for those looking to improve a specific dance technique, prepare for a competition or audition, or to prepare for a wedding dance.
Learn or improve a particular style of dance:
- Receive one-on-one dance instruction in a particular style of dance (ballet, hip hop, contemporary, tap)
Get ready for your big day and learn a special dance for your wedding:
- Available for individuals or couples
Prepare for an upcoming competition or audition:
- A great way for dance team members and competition dancers to focus on and improve technique
- Work on Turns & Jumps
- Learn the ropes for an audition, including dance technique and attitude!
What is Create-A-Class: Private Group Classes?
Choose your friends, family members or work colleagues and create a class that fits your needs and interests.
We like to think of it as ‘Movement A-la-Carte’! You choose!
- Choose your class!
- A favorite dance style
- A fitness or dance fitness class
- Experience level
- Choose your location!
- In our studio
- At a location of your choice
- Virtually on Zoom
- Who takes the class with you?
- Friends, family, wedding party or colleagues
- How many people in your class?
- In-studio group classes 5-20 people
- Other locations depending on size of space
- Virtual group classes up to 75 people
- What day and time and length of class?
- Who do you want to teach the class?
- Do you have a music request?
- Choose any combination that works for you!
Create-A-Class ideas to get you started:
- Holiday Dance Party – Celebrate the holidays dancing with your team!
- Videodance™ Party (Choreography of a Favorite Music Video Artist such as Britney, Beyoncé, and more!)
- Learn the THRILLER choreography from Michael Jackson’s iconic music video?
- Bachelorette Dance Parties: Favorites are Videodance™ Parties, Hip Hop classes, Cardio Hip Hop, Cardio Dance
- Group Fitness Classes
- If it’s on our schedule we can design it for you!
Please allow 10-14 business days to schedule a class.
You may read our protocols here. Participants will need to adhere to all current protocols.
Private lesson rates include instructor fee, studio rental, administrative/booking costs, and are payable directly to Ballet Austin prior to the scheduled lesson. Scheduling and confirmation of a private class depends upon studio and instructor availability.
Individual Private Lesson: A Single Instructor Teaching One Person
- One-hour Private Lesson that includes teaching one person dance technique only or coaching in a workout: $145 per Hour
- Two-hour private with one person: $250
- One-hour Private Lesson that includes teaching or cleaning a set piece of choreography (teaching steps of a dance with choreography already set by the student; the instructor is not creating the choreography): $195 per Hour
- One-hour Private Lesson that includes teaching a style of dance with an instructor dancing with a client (teaching a couples’ style of dance to one person): $195 per Hour
Duet Lesson: A Single Instructor Teaching Two People together
- One-hour Private Duet Lesson that includes teaching 2 people together in a dance technique only (no choreography) or coaching in a workout: $180 total ($90 may be charged to each Person)
- One-hour Private Duet Lesson that includes teaching or cleaning a set piece of choreography for 2 people together. EG: a couple’s wedding dance, father/daughter dance, competition dance, etc.: $225 per Hour
Group Private Classes: Create-a-Class
Rates are Determined Based on number of people and whether the private session is a Technique Class or whether it involves teaching choreography.
- One-Hour Private Group Class in a Studio at Ballet Austin (6–15 People): $175 – $295
- One-Hour Private Group Class in a Studio at Ballet Austin (16–40 People if larger studio is available): $300 – $495 depending on group size and type of private
- Virtual Group Private on Zoom (6-75 People): $150 – $300
- Two-Hour Private Group Classes in a Studio at Ballet Austin (6–40 People): Request rate based on type of class and size of group
- One-Hour Group Class Booked at an Off-Site Location or Place of Business (Number of People Dependent on Floor type/Space/Size of room): $405 for One-Hour Off-Site Class – we come to you!
When the client isn’t learning or practicing dance but requests a piece of original choreography for a specific occasion—an original dance for “first dance” at a wedding or for competition dances and auditions—there may be an added choreographic fee to the private lesson rate. This can range from $100 to $300 in addition to the private rates, dependent on choreography and time spent by the instructor.
Fees are determined based on the requested piece, and how many minutes of choreography is needed. Clients are allowed to video the session but must provide their own camera and videographer.
Scheduling Policies & Procedures
- Private lessons for individuals and groups should be scheduled through the Butler Center for Dance & Fitness Office. Fill out a private or group lesson request form.
- Please allow at least 10 to 14 business days to schedule a private lesson.
- The Butler Center for Dance & Fitness office will schedule and confirm with both client and instructor, as space, and instructor time is available. Rates are set by and payable to Ballet Austin.
- Payment must be received PRIOR to the private lesson.
- Private lesson payments are payable to Ballet Austin by check, cash, or credit card. Online payment option with a credit card makes it easy to submit payment in advance as requested.
- Private lesson rates include instructor fee, studio rental, liability, booking/ administrative costs, and a $25 non-refundable booking fee. Payable directly to Ballet Austin at booking time and at least 3 days prior to the scheduled lesson. An online payment link will be sent once date is confirmed.
- Rates include a $25 booking fee.
- At least 24 hours’ notice is required when canceling a private lesson.
- Please Note: Private lesson cancellations will be charged for the lesson if at least 24-hour notice of cancellation is not given.
- If a lesson is cancelled prior to 24 hours the private lesson payment will be refunded less the $25 booking fee.
- For new clients, please set up a profile in our system for booking and receiving payment.
- For Create-A-Class group bookings, one person will need to set up a profile to pay and confirm for the group.