Come Dance 2021!
Ballet Austin’s Annual FREE Day of Dance – Sunday, September 12, 2021
Alvin Ailey wrote, “Dance is for everybody. I believe that the dance came from the people and that it should always be delivered back to the people.”
For 14 years COME DANCE, our Annual FREE Day of Dance has been our gift back to our community; your day to experience the JOY of dance!
What’s the Scoop?
COME DANCE will look a bit different than in past years where we experienced the joy of crowded studios packed with happy people all dancing together.
We will still be together in person, and there will be happy people dancing, and lots of joy! But this year we will control the crowd size and limit capacity during classes.
HOW will we do that?
Glad you asked!
We will prioritize the health and safety of our staff and event attendees with a cap on capacity in each class. Signing up in advance is required for each individual class. Please note: we will not be able to accept walk-ins on the day of the event.
Each person attending must sign up under their individual account.
What classes are offered and how can you sign up?
- COME DANCE will be held on Sunday, September 12.
- Dance classes will be offered both indoors and outdoors beginning at 10:00am. Outdoor classes are scheduled at 10am, 11am, and 12pm. Indoor classes are scheduled for 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, and 4pm.
- Ballet, Hip hop, Contemporary Dance, Latin Dance, African Dance, Musical Theatre, Dance Fitness and more!
- Classes will be FREE!
- Classes are geared towards adults.
- Sign up is required in advance. When capacity is reached we will close classes.
While this day provides the opportunity to try out many styles of dance and fun, it also promises to be a gathering focused on a healthy environment. Participants should sign up in advance. Walk-ins will not be accepted on the day of the event so that that class capacities can be carefully monitored.
PLEASE NOTE: If you sign up and your plans change and you are no longer able to attend, please cancel your reservation for each class so that someone else may have your place.
- Self-cancel in your MINDBODY account
- Call 512-501-8704 to cancel a reservation
More information you need to know…
- Outdoor classes will be held on levels 3 and 4 of the State Garage N (state parking garage across the street to the north of Ballet Austin)
- Indoor classes will be held in studios at Ballet Austin beginning at 1:00pm. Ballet Austin is located at 501 W. 3rd St.
- You may park FREE in the State Garage N
- We welcome everyone! Unless noted, classes are open to all levels. Come experience the joy of dance!
- Classes offered at Come Dance are offered year-round at Ballet Austin’s Butler Center for Dance & Fitness.
- The Annual COME DANCE SALE will be held between 9/12/2021 and 9/15/2021. Find out more here.
Save the date and make plans to join us for COME DANCE on 9/12/2021!
A favorite Austin event every fall!
Questions? Give us a call at 512-501-8704.
Ballet Austin continues to keep the health and safety of our customers and employees as our highest priority. In accordance with evolving information from the CDC related to the spread of the Delta variant in Austin, and consistent with the Austin Travis County Health Authority and Austin’s current COVID-19 risk level, Ballet Austin strongly encourages everyone to wear a facial mask at all times when in our facility.
Ballet Austin’s health and safety protocols at COME DANCE encourage everyone to wear a mask.
Ballet Austin staff, dancers, instructors, and accompanists are fully vaccinated.