Butler Center for Dance & Fitness
Health & Safety Protocols
Ballet Austin’s mission includes encouraging health & well-being. We continue to keep the health and safety of Ballet Austin employees and customers as our highest priority.
Effective 5/24/2021: Based on factors that include recent CDC recommendations, state and local orders, and the advice from Ballet Austin legal and medical advisors, Ballet Austin’s health and safety protocols* will include:
- Those who are fully vaccinated can choose not to wear a mask, consistent with the CDC, federal, state and local guidelines.
- Those who are not vaccinated will be encouraged to wear a mask for their health and safety and that of all others.
*Protocols may be updated at any time based on new information.
What you need to know before taking a class on site at Ballet Austin:
Before You Come
- BEFORE COMING TO EACH CLASS:
- Make an advance reservation for On-site classes (dance & fitness classes and Pilates group reformer classes) to ensure:
- Class capacity limits are maintained (Capacity is lower at this time and classes fill in advance)
- Payment for classes is made online prior to arrival to expedite the “touchless” check-in process:
- Online: You may sign up/ pay for classes through MINDBODY
- Phone: You may call ahead and sign up/pay for class by phone 512.501.8704
- Please do not arrive early for your class. There are currently no waiting areas.
- Be aware that in order to support the goals of social distancing and reduced capacity, only those taking class will be admitted to the building
- Wear a facial mask when entering the building / in all public spaces if not fully vaccinated
- Bring your own/personal mat for mat-based classes
- Should you forget to bring a mat, mats will be available for purchase at the front desk
- Bring your own resistance band for classes using bands
- Should you forget to bring a resistance band, resistance bands will be available for purchase at the front desk
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
We follow sanitation protocols that include:
- Ongoing scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces
- Overnight deep cleaning
- Student/client assistance with the observance of sanitation practices before and after classes
- Disinfectant spray or wipes located in each studio for wiping barres and other equipment
- Hand-sanitizing stations are conveniently located in each studio for use before and after your class
What You Can Do To Help Us All Stay Healthy
In an effort to keep everyone healthy, your help is needed to support a safe place to dance and work out. Together, we each do our part to prevent the spread of infectious illnesses.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use a hand sanitizer that’s at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Prioritize your health. Get at least 20 minutes a day of exercise, eat a nutrient-rich diet, and get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep to help bolster the immune system
We continue to offer you choices
Keeping you active and well is part of Ballet Austin’s mission, which is why we will continue to offer you alternatives to ON SITE classes: