Butler Center for Dance & Fitness
Health & Safety Protocols
Ballet Austin’s highest priority remains the health and safety of all the members of our Ballet Austin community. We believe that our mission that focuses on the encouragement of health and well-being as part of the experience of dance, addresses a vital need in people’s lives.
Protocols effective 3/24/2022:
MASK GUIDANCE: While choosing to wear a mask remains an option, masks are no longer required. The City of Austin and Travis County have lifted all COVID-19 emergency rules and orders.
- Pre-Register for Class or Previously Schedule Meetings: Only those previously registered for a class or have a previously scheduled meeting will be admitted to the building. No one will be admitted to the building without a previously scheduled purpose.
- Note: As of August 1, 2021 all Ballet Austin staff, dancers, faculty/ instructors are fully vaccinated. All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated.
Ballet Austin will continue to monitor the CDC, federal, state and local guidelines, as well as the guidance of our medical advisor, and will update our protocols and communications with you, as the situation requires.
We look forward to seeing you as we continue to fulfill our Mission to involve and strengthen our community through the creation and experience of dance, and the encouragement of health and well-being.
What you need to know before taking a class on site at Ballet Austin:
Before You Come
- BEFORE COMING TO EACH CLASS:
- Make an advance reservation for On-site classes (Pilates group reformer classes) to ensure:
- Class capacity limits are maintained
- Payment for classes is made online prior to arrival to expedite the “touchless” check-in process:
- Online: You may sign up/ pay for classes through MINDBODY
- Phone: You may call ahead and sign up/pay for class by phone 512.501.8704
- Please note we have a 12-hour cancellation window for cancelling from a Pilates class
- Be aware that in order to support the goals of reduced capacity in our building, only those taking class will be admitted to the building
- Bring your own/personal mat for mat-based classes
- Should you forget to bring a mat, mats will be available for purchase at the front desk
- Bring your own resistance band for classes using bands
- Should you forget to bring a resistance band, resistance bands will be available for purchase at the front desk
We follow sanitation protocols that include:
- Ongoing scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces
- Overnight deep cleaning
- Student/client assistance with the observance of sanitation practices before and after classes
- Disinfectant spray or wipes located in each studio for wiping barres and other equipment
- Hand-sanitizing stations are conveniently located in each studio for use before and after your class
What You Can Do To Help Us All Stay Healthy
In an effort to keep everyone healthy from illness and disease, your help is needed to support a safe place to dance and work out. Together, we each do our part to prevent the spread of infectious illnesses.
- Get vaccinated
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use a hand sanitizer that’s at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Prioritize your health. Get at least 20 minutes a day of exercise, eat a nutrient-rich diet, and get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep to help bolster the immune system
We continue to offer you choices
Keeping you active and well is part of Ballet Austin’s mission, which is why we will continue to offer you alternatives to ON SITE classes:
Dance & Fitness Class Schedule
For those comfortable with on-site classes, you may view the schedule of on-site drop-in dance and fitness classes. Be sure to make an advance reservation as we have smaller class capacity and classes fill in advance. Please be advised that we have a 3-hour cancellation policy. Late cancellations will be charged.
Virtual Dance & Fitness Classes
For those unable to join us for on-site classes at this time, or for those interested in dancing and working out at home, we offer ONLINE classes delivered through: