Ballet Austin Academy
School Year Classes Policies & Procedures
Tuition Payment Options
- The school year program tuition consists of (10) monthly payments and a non-refundable one time setup fee of $30.
- Payments are set up to charge automatically via credit/debit the first day of each month.
- Tuition and monthly payments for students enrolling after the start of the school year will be prorated at time of enrollment. Enrollment is open to new students through February 1 as long as class space is available.
- Automatic Credit/Debit Declines Fee: $10
Payment in Full
- Tuition for the school year may be paid in full at the time of registration by check, credit/debit, or cash.
Withdrawal / Refund Policy
Withdrawal notification must be submitted in writing (or email) and received by the Academy Office. A $30 withdrawal fee will be charged to the account.
Tuition for the first month is non-refundable. If withdrawing after the first month of the school year program, the annual tuition will be prorated and refunded accordingly. No refunds or prorates will be issued if withdrawing after March 31 of each year.
A 10% Sibling Discount is available for the oldest sibling. Eligibility includes:
- Two or more siblings are enrolled and paying for the school year.
- May only be applied at time of registration.
- If a sibling withdraws early, discount will be forfeited for the remaining enrolled student.
Referral Rebate Program
Ballet Austin Academy Referral Program
Academy students currently enrolled receive a $100 referral rebate for each new student they refer to the Ballet Austin Academy who enrolls by October 15 each year.
- Referrals must successfully register for an Academy school year.
- Referrals must be new to Ballet Austin Academy.
- Referrals must contact the Academy Administrator at email@example.com or 512.501.8703, and must mention the name of the current student enrolled at the time of registration.
Schedule Change Policy
Class Change Requests must be submitted in writing (or email) to the Academy Office before a student can move to another class. Not all class change requests may be accommodated.
General Studio Protocol
Ballet Austin Studio Protocol Includes:
- The Dress code is specific for each level. Reference each level for Academy uniform requirements.
- Students are expected to behave respectfully and courteously at all times.
- Photography/Videography by patrons in the Butler Dance Education Center is prohibited.
- Students must wear street shoes and cover up clothing before leaving the building.
- Creative Movement, Pre-Ballet and Elementary Division students should not enter a classroom until the teacher is present.
- Intermediate and Advanced Division students may stretch in the studio before their class begins if there is not another class in the studio.
- Parents are asked to remain outside the studio.
- Chewing gum, food and drinks (except water in closed containers) are not allowed in the studio or dressing rooms.
- Toe tape, Band-Aids, containers, wrappers, etc. must be disposed of in trash cans.
- Students are not permitted to sit at or play the pianos.
- Ballet Austin is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged items. Labeling personal items with the student’s name is recommended. Personal items should remain with the student or parent at all times. Do not leave personal items unattended.
- There is a lost and found bin located in the study area next to the upstairs lounge for missing items. At the end of the month, items that have not been retrieved will be discarded or donated to charity.
- Attendance will be taken in each Academy class.
- Students must arrive prepared, properly dressed, and on time for all scheduled classes.
Students enrolled in the Elementary, Intermediate and Advanced Divisions may be asked to sit and watch class if arriving more than 10 minutes late.
If a student misses a class for any reason, his/her parent or guardian must call 512.501.8703 or email to report the absence.
- All Students may make up missed classes by attending another class at or below their current level of study.
- Intermediate and Advanced Division students are required to make up missed classes whenever possible.
Illness or Injury
- Students who are ill (infectious) should not come to class.
- Extended illness requires a note when returning to class.
- Injured dancers are encouraged to come observe class so they are familiar with the curriculum and combinations being taught when they return to class.
Watch Weeks allows parents the opportunity to experience the hard work and dedication that their child demonstrates in his/her studies at the Ballet Austin Academy. One Watch Week is scheduled during fall and during spring. Dates are listed on the Academy Calendar.
- Please keep noise and/or distraction to a minimum. This includes:
- Managing the behavior of siblings during class
- Keeping cell phones on silent mode during class
- Arriving on time for class
- Staying in the studio for the duration of class
- Photography and/or videography are not allowed during watch week classes.
- Creative Movement through Elementary Division classes will end a few minutes early to provide time for parents to photograph and/or videotape their child in the studio.
Holidays, Closings & Inclement Weather
Holidays & Closings
- Since Ballet Austin Academy students come from many different school districts, the Academy does not follow the holiday/closing calendar of any particular school district.
- Holidays and closings are listed on the Academy Calendar.
- There may be unforeseen circumstances that require Ballet Austin Academy to cancel or change a class. Students will be given advance notice whenever possible. Refunds are not given for classes not held, but the Class Make-up Policy will apply.
- Ballet Austin does not follow the school closing decision of any particular school district.
- Decisions to cancel classes due to inclement weather will be made on a case-by-case basis by the Directors of Ballet Austin.
- Weather can vary greatly from one area to another. If classes are not canceled, but threatening weather conditions in your area make it unsafe for you to drive to Ballet Austin, please use your discretion and stay home. You may make up any missed class during the remainder of the school year.
- Weather updates will be available by calling 512.501.8704
- If classes are not held due to inclement weather students may make up any of those classes during the remainder of the school year at any time that is convenient in the same level or a level lower.
Year-end Presentations & Performances
Year-End Presentations and Performances are scheduled in May and allow another opportunity for parents to view their child’s progress. Dates are listed on the Academy Calendar.
- Photography/Videography (no flash please) will be allowed during Creative Movement Division In-studio Presentations.
- Photography/Videography (no flash please) will be allowed during Pre-Ballet and Elementary Division Year-end Presentations held in the AustinVentures StudioTheater.
- Intermediate and Advanced Division Performances will be recorded and DVD’s will be made available for sale. Photography/Videography (no flash please) will be allowed.
Liability / Waiver Release
Please read the Liability/Waiver Release form carefully. This is a release of liability and waiver of certain legal rights. A release is required for enrollment into the Academy. Print a copy of the Liability/Waiver Release.
As the enrolled participant and/or the parent/guardian of the enrolled participant, I agree and understand that dance/fitness training is a potentially hazardous activity. I recognize that there are risks inherent in dance training including but not limited to serious physical injury. The participant hereby agrees to participate in activities of the Ballet Austin Academy and hereby agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Ballet Austin, its instructors, officers, directors, agents and employees against any liability resulting from any injury that may occur to the participant while participating in activities of the Ballet Austin Academy. The participant also agrees to indemnify Ballet Austin for any damages incurred arising from any claims, demand, action or course of action by the participant.
The enrolled participant authorizes any representative of Ballet Austin to have the participant treated in any medical emergency during their participation in activities of the Ballet Austin Academy. Further, the participant and/or parent/guardian agrees to pay all costs associated with medical care and transportation for the participant. Any special medical/health problems of which the staff should be aware will be submitted to the Academy Office before participation begins.
Photograph / Likeness / Videotape Release
Please read carefully. A current release is required for enrollment into the Academy.
As the enrolled participant and/or the parent/guardian of the enrolled participant, I authorize Ballet Austin, Inc. and/or its representative, agent, or employee to photograph and/or videotape and use any photograph/likeness of me or my minor child for any purpose, including publicity, choreographic archives, promotional materials and/or any other reason deemed appropriate by the Academy’s Directors.
Ballet Austin Student Inclusion Policy
The Ballet Austin Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin.