Be Well Talks with Ballet Austin!
Helping our community prioritize well-being through free health and wellness presentations
- What does it take to create a work place of wellness? Answer: Employees who are individually well.
- What does it take to create a a healthy and well family? Answer: Family members who are individually well.
- What does it take to create a healthy community? Answer: Prioritizing healthy and well-being for all.
In addition to Ballet Austin’s BE WELL resources, we offer FREE talks for businesses and organizations relating to the encouragement of healthy living and work habits in the workplace and beyond.
Ballet Austin’s mission includes ‘encouraging health and well-being’. We desire to bring people together toward the goal of building healthier communities.
FREE BE WELL TALKS
Wellness, Professional Development & Team Building
Looking for a speaker for a Lunch & Learn or other wellness event? Is your team in need of in-service or professional development? Does your organization need a guest speaker at a meeting or conference? Look no further! Schedule a FREE talk today!
- Talks are informative, interactive and motivational
- Talks are available on a variety of health, wellness, and motivational/inspirational topics
- Presentations are typically 45 to 60 minutes in length, and both On-site and Virtual presentations are available for small groups or large groups
Offered at no cost as a part of our “give back” to the Austin community.
Taught by Vicki Parsons, Director of Ballet Austin’s Butler Center for Dance & Fitness, who has over three decades of teaching and speaking, and most importantly, real-life experience.
Hear the facts, laugh a little, be inspired, and be challenged! Change your attitude, your mind, and your life.
EXPAND to View Most Requested Topics
Topics below are available on-site at your location and may be adapted for a virtual presentation as well. Topics can be modified for your organization’s need and interest. Don’t see a topic you’re looking for? Request a topic and we will try to make it happen! Questions? Email email@example.com
Most requested BE WELL topics include:
- HEALTHY LIVING: Your Brain on Exercise. (What exercise, or your lack of, is doing to your brain)
- HEALTHY LIVING: Your Brain on Sugar. (What sugar is doing to your brain and other nutrition tips)
- HEALTHY LIVING: Your Brain on Optimism (Unwiring the Negativity Bias)
- HEALTHY LIVING: Stand Up and Live Longer (AKA Scared Sit-less!)
- AGING: Aging Does Not Mean Growing Old. Holding on to a healthier attitude throughout life.
- AGING: Dreams Don’t Have an expiration Date
- AGING: Get Off The Couch & Get Into Life
- FAMILY/PARENTING:: Couch Kids! A Global Pandemic of Childhood Inactivity
- FAMILY/PARENTING: Someone’s Watching You—Modeling a Healthy Life to the Next Generation.
- FAMILY/PARENTING: Kids and Healthy Eating – How do we get there?
- STRESS: “I’m So Stressed Out!” A common phrase but it doesn’t have to be – What’s in your toolbox?
- STRESS: How to Avoid Holiday Stress – and actually enjoy the holiday season!
- STRESS & SELF-CARE: Un-exhaust yourself. The Importance of self-care in your super-human world
- STRESS & SELF-CARE: Find Your OFF Button – Take time for self-care
- STRESS & SELF-CARE: Practicing Wonder & Awe for Mental and Physical Health
- LIFESTYLE: How To Find The Silver Lining in Challenging Times
- LIFESTYLE: 12 Things to Put on Your “To-Don’t” List Today
- LIFESTYLE: The Power of the 3 R’s. Respect, Responsibility & Resilience.
- LIFESTYLE: Empathy with a Capital P
- WORKPLACE WELLNESS/CULTURE: The Impact of a Culture of TRUST on Workplace Wellness
- WORKPLACE WELLNESS/CULTURE: Developing Mental Strength and Resilience in the Workplace
- WORKPLACE WELLNESS/CULTURE: Tips to Have a Healthy and Well Workday & Life
- WORKPLACE WELLNESS/CULTURE: How to Have a Heart-Healthy Workplace – a great talk for January/February for Heart Month
Team Building and Professional Development
There are many different ways to build “team”.
- It might be inviting a guest speaker to your organization’s team building event or conference (generally longer than the Be Well Talks above) Through humor, insight, and personal experiences, Vicki will challenge and inspire growth, unity, and encourage real change.
- It might be offering individual or group wellness coaching to your team members. We can provide that service. Vicki engages individuals or groups and inspires a new level of personal awareness and commitment.
- It might be planning something fun or creative to do together. A group fitness class to sweat it out. Dance is a fun way to build camaraderie through a shared experience with your group. Or just make it a Dance Party!
Ballet Austin is a Mayor’s Health & Fitness Council Certified Partner!
Ballet Austin’s mission includes encouraging health and well-being. We care about the health of our employees, students, and visitors to our center.
Ballet Austin is a community leader in creating and supporting a culture of health and wellness and embraces the Mayor’s Health & Fitness Council’s mission.
The Mayor’s Health & Fitness Council (MHFC) recognized certified partners and announced the winners of the Moving the Needle Workplace Awards and the Mayor’s Healthiest Workplace Awards during a ceremony held at Austin City Hall on Friday, September 16, 2022.
Ballet Austin was awarded the Healthiest Workplace Award and is recognized as a GOLD Level Certified Partner.