Be Well with Ballet Austin!
Helping our community prioritize well-being through free Be Well Talks
The goal of our workplace and community wellness programming is to inform and inspire, and to provide tools and strategies for individuals and groups to adopt and maintain healthy behaviors. To eat well, move well, and live well.
Ballet Austin’s mission includes ‘encouraging health and well-being’. We desire to connect with the Austin community to encourage people, organizations, and businesses to develop a culture of ‘being well’.
We offer FREE presentations, classes and resources to encourage the active pursuit of activities, choices, and lifestyles that lead to better health and well-being at work, home, and beyond.
FREE Wellness & Team Building Talks
Looking for a speaker for a Lunch & Learn or other wellness event? Does your organization need a guest speaker at a meeting or conference? Look no further! Schedule a FREE talk today!
- Talks are informative, interactive and motivational
- Talks are available on a variety of health, wellness, and motivational/inspirational topics
- Presentations are typically 45 to 60 minutes in length, and both On-site and Virtual presentations are available for small groups or large groups
Offered at no cost as a part of our “give back” to the Austin community.
Taught by Vicki Parsons, Director of Ballet Austin’s Butler Center for Dance & Fitness, who has over three decades of teaching and speaking, and most importantly, real-life experience.
Hear the facts, laugh a little, be inspired, and be challenged! Change your attitude, your mind, and your life.
EXPAND to View BeWell Topics
Many topics below are available virtually as well as on-site at your location. Topics can be adapted for your organization’s need and interest, or request a topic and we will try to make it happen!
Available BE WELL topics* include:
- HEALTHY LIVING: Your Brain on Exercise. (What exercise, or your lack of, is doing to your brain)
- HEALTHY LIVING: Exercise Snacking – A genius way to trick yourself into being more active at home
- HEALTHY LIVING: Your Brain on Sugar. (What sugar is doing to your brain and other nutrition tips)
- HEALTHY LIVING: Your Brain on Optimism (Unwiring the Negativity Bias)
- HEALTHY LIVING: Stand Up and Live Longer (AKA Scared Sit-less!)
- AGING: Aging Does Not Mean Growing Old. Holding on to a healthier attitude throughout life.
- AGING: Dreams Don’t Have an expiration Date
- AGING: Get Off The Couch & Get Into Life
- FAMILY/PARENTING: Igniting the Dreams of the Next Generation. It Starts with You!
- FAMILY/PARENTING:: Couch Kids! A Global Pandemic of Childhood Inactivity
- FAMILY/PARENTING: Someone’s Watching You—Modeling a Healthy Life to the Next Generation.
- FAMILY/PARENTING: Great Expectations: Parenting Dreams VS Parenting Realities
- STRESS: Navigating Stress During Difficult Times (or any time) – What’s in your toolbox?
- STRESS: How to Avoid Holiday Stress – and actually enjoy the holiday season!
- STRESS & SELF-CARE: Un-exhaust yourself. The Importance of self-care in your super-human world
- STRESS & SELF-CARE: Find Your OFF Button – Take time for self-care
- STRESS & SELF-CARE: Practicing Wonder & Awe for Mental and Physical Health
- LIFESTYLE: How To Find The Silver Lining in Challenging Times
- LIFESTYLE: 12 Things to Put on Your “To-Don’t” List Today
- LIFESTYLE: The Power of the 3 R’s. Respect, Responsibility & Resilience.
- LIFESTYLE: Empathy with a Capital P
- WORKPLACE WELLNESS/CULTURE: Be Together. Not the Same. (Creating a Culture of Unity & Well-being)
- WORKPLACE WELLNESS/CULTURE: Developing Mental Strength and Resilience in the Workplace
- WORKPLACE WELLNESS/CULTURE: Tips to Have a Healthy and Well Workday & Life
- WORKPLACE WELLNESS/CULTURE: How to Have a Heart-Healthy Workplace – a great talk for January/February for Heart Month
The majority of healthcare spending in the United States is linked to treating conditions stemming from unhealthy lifestyle choices. Getting to the root causes of disease/poor health can allow us to use evidence-based lifestyle interventions such as healthy diet, physical activity, sleep, managing stress, healthy social connections, and avoidance of risky substances to impact and improve overall health and well-being.
Lifestyle/Wellness coaching focuses on lifestyle choices and changes in any or all of the above areas that may have lead to disease and/or poor health in the first place. For the healthy person, lifestyle/wellness coaching can be preventative and optimize longevity.
If you’re ready to make a change and need someone to coach you through the process to achieve lasting change; someone to inform you, inspire you, and encourage, consider booking a Lifestyle/Wellness Coaching Session!
Introductory First Session (1 person): $25 for 30 minutes
Team Building and Professional Development
Looking for a speaker for a half or full day team building event or conference?
Do you need a resource for professional development or group wellness coaching?
Through humor, insight, and personal experiences, Vicki will challenge and inspire growth, unity, and encourage real change.
Vicki engages an audience with memorable content and experiences that inspire a new level of personal awareness and commitment.
Ballet Austin is a Mayor’s Health & Fitness Council Certified Partner!
Ballet Austin’s mission includes encouraging health and well-being. We area concerned about the health of our employees, students, and visitors to our center.
Ballet Austin is a community leader in creating and supporting a culture of health and wellness and embraces the Mayor’s Health & Fitness Council’s mission.
Ballet Austin is a Silver Level Partner.