Patrons arriving late to Ballet Austin performances will be seated at the discretion of management. Video monitors are available in the lobby to view the performance, until an appropriate pause allowing for seating occurs.
ATTENDING WITH CHILDREN
Before the performance begins, please remind children not to talk or ask questions during the performance and to remain seated without touching or kicking the seat in front of them. Remember, when the lights dim and the music which is part of the performance begins, it is quiet time.
Is My Child Ready to Attend?
Parents know best if their child is able to quietly enjoy a full-length performance. The following questions will help you decide if your child is ready:
- Is your child able to enjoy a two-hour movie without talking, eating, moving around, or asking for explanations about what is happening or who the characters are?
- Is your child happy sitting in her or his own seat or on your lap without kicking adjacent seats and without getting up and down?
- Is your child able to hold a question for later?
Please note that there are no refunds, credits, or exchanges if you must leave the theater because your child was unhappy or disruptive.
DELL HALL POLICIES
Water and beverages purchased from the bar with a lid are allowed inside the theater during the performance. Food is not allowed inside the auditorium. Please be courteous of other guests enjoying the performance.
- All cell phones and electronic devices must be turned off prior to the performance.
- No photography or recording equipment of any kind are permitted during the performance.
- Please refrain from talking or whispering during the performance.
- If anyone in your party regardless of age is being disruptive, we ask that they quietly exit to the lobby.
- If guests around you are being disruptive, please notify an usher.
Tickets are revocable and may be taken up at any time for any reason.
Ballet Austin does not enforce a formal dress code for performances; however, we are often asked by guests for suggested attire.
While our audience members tend to dress more formally for evening shows, “business casual” attire, including dresses/sundresses, blouses, skirts, dress pants, nice polo shirts, button-up shirts, sports coats and/or suits are always welcome at evening and matinee performances held at the Long Center and at our own AustinVentures StudioTheater at Ballet Austin.
Both performance venues are air-conditioned, and if you typically need a sweater, shawl or jacket in places like restaurants or movie theaters, it’s a good idea to bring one with you to the ballet.
If you have questions or need advice on what to wear, contact Audience Services at 512.476.2163, weekdays from noon. to 6 p.m. CT. We’re happy of offer guidance!