Ballet Austin Health and Safety Protocols
On Thursday, August 5th, Austin/Travis County returned to Stage 5 COVID Risk-based guidelines, due to rapidly increasing numbers of new cases and hospitalizations.
Ballet Austin’s highest priority remains the health and safety of all the members of our Ballet Austin community. We believe that our mission that focuses on the encouragement of health and well-being as part of the experience of dance, addresses a vital need in people’s lives, especially now.
While our city remains in Stage 5, Ballet Austin will, re-institute a number of rigorous health and safety protocols (see below) to ensure our environment remains as safe as possible for everyone. With these rigorous measures in place, we will continue to offer our on-site classes and programming as scheduled, at this time.
Academy Building Access
- Parents are asked to be on alert for any symptoms of COVID-19 and keep their student at home if showing any cold-like symptoms like coughing, sneezing, or a temperature of 100.4 or higher.
- Students will enter and exit the building through the main entrance on the corner of 3rd and San Antonio streets.
- Students will go through a wellness check as they enter the building and those with a temperature of 100.4 degrees + will be sent home.
- Access to the building will be limited to staff and students only – Parents/Guardians should plan to drop off/pick up students outside the building.
- Student access to the building will be limited to 30 minutes prior to class.
- No early drop-off will be available
- Prompt pick-up at the conclusion of the student’s day is required.
- Ballet Austin staff, faculty, and accompanists are fully vaccinated.
- Students 12 years of age and older are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated as soon as possible.
- Ballet Austin staff, faculty, and accompanists are required to wear masks while onsite at Ballet Austin.
- All those over 24 months of age, regardless of vaccine status, will be required to wear a mask at all times while onsite at Ballet Austin.
- Student masks must be provided by the student/student’s family.
- If a student tests positive for COVID-19, unvaccinated students determined to have been in close contact will be required to quarantine for 7 days and receive a negative PCR test, administered after the 5th day, before returning to class.
- Unvaccinated students may also choose to quarantine for 14 days and return to class without taking a COVID-19 test.
- Fully vaccinated students will not be required to quarantine and may continue with class. The only exception to this will be if a fully vaccinated student tests positive, in which case that student will need to quarantine.
For those unable or unwilling to observe the rules as posted, we ask you to reschedule your visit for another time, after the COVID restrictions are no longer in place.
Now more than ever, we each need to behave responsibly and respectfully to one another—especially children under 12 who are not yet vaccine-eligible, as well as any immune-compromised family members and loved ones with whom they come in contact.
As a nonprofit arts organization committed to health and well-being of all members of our Ballet Austin community, we strongly encourage everyone who is eligible and able to do so to get vaccinated, if you have not done so already. Vaccines remain the most effective tool we have to help control—and eventually end—this ongoing pandemic.
Ballet Austin will continue to monitor the CDC, federal, state and local guidelines, as well as the guidance of our medical advisor in this evolving situation. We will continue to update our protocols and communications with you, as the situation requires.
We look forward to seeing you as we continue to fulfill our Mission to involve and strengthen our community through the creation and experience of dance, and the encouragement of health and well-being.