Elementary Division (Ages 8-10)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Formal Ballet training begins in the Elementary Division, a rigorous and comprehensive program of the highest caliber.
The Elementary Division syllabus progresses at a rate that allows the student to learn the exercises correctly and with full physicality. Repetition and slow careful work is emphasized, with the students learning discipline and control of their bodies.
Elementary Division students are required to attend all scheduled classes for their level and progress to the next level once they master the material and physical understanding of the syllabus in their current level. Students receive a written progress report at the end of each School Year.
BALLET AUSTIN ACADEMY BENEFITS
There are many benefits to training at Ballet Austin Academy, for both the student and family.
- All Academy students train in the same state-of-the-art facilities as Ballet Austin’s professional dancers, providing the opportunity/access to view Company rehearsals of upcoming performances.
- Live accompaniment is an important aspect of a professional ballet training program and is provided for all Elementary Division classes.
- 20% discount on all single tickets for Ballet Austin’s five annual productions at The Long Center, including The Nutcracker.
- Discounts for parents for Butler Center for Dance & Fitness classes and workshops.
- Complimentary BeWell Talks for Academy parents and students, featuring relevant topics for families.
- FREE or reduced-rate parking, on-site or nearby.
Meet Your Instructors
Elementary Division Placement & Registration for New and Returning Students
FOR CURRENT ACADEMY STUDENTS
Students should enroll based on their 2022/23 year-end evaluation. Former Pre-Ballet 7 students, who are 8 years of age by September 1, 2023, may enroll in Level 1.
FOR NEW STUDENTS
Previous Ballet Experience, Ages 8+
Students 8 years of age and older, with previous ballet experience, who are new to Ballet Austin, are required to attend a Placement Audition on August 21 or submit a Digital Audition to determine their acceptance and level placement.
No Previous Ballet Experience, Ages 8–10
Students 8 years of age to 10 years of age, as of September 1, 2022, with no previous dance experience, are automatically placed in Level 1.
If you have questions or need help registering your student, contact our Academy Registrar at 512.501.8703 or via email.