Pilates Center Health & Safety Protocols
Ballet Austin’s highest priority remains the health and safety of all the members of our Ballet Austin community. We believe that our mission that focuses on the encouragement of health and well-being as part of the experience of dance, addresses a vital need in people’s lives.
Protocols effective 3/24/2022:
- MASK GUIDANCE: While choosing to wear a mask remains an option, masks are no longer required. The City of Austin and Travis County have lifted all COVID-19 emergency rules and orders.
- Note: As of August 1, 2021 all Ballet Austin staff, dancers, faculty/ instructors are fully vaccinated. All new hires are required to be fully vaccinated.
Ballet Austin will continue to monitor the CDC, federal, state and local guidelines, as well as the guidance of our medical advisor, and will update our protocols and communications with you, as the situation requires.
We look forward to seeing you as we continue to fulfill our Mission to involve and strengthen our community through the creation and experience of dance, and the encouragement of health and well-being.
What you need to know before taking a class on site at Ballet Austin:
Before You Come
- BEFORE COMING TO EACH CLASS:
- Make an advance reservation for On-site classes (Pilates group reformer classes) to ensure:
- Class capacity limits are maintained
- Payment for classes is made online prior to arrival to expedite the “touchless” check-in process:
- Online: You may sign up/ pay for classes through MINDBODY
- Phone: You may call ahead and sign up/pay for class by phone 512.501.8704
- Please note we have a 12-hour cancellation window for cancelling from a Pilates class
- Complete a personal wellness check and be able to answer “NO” to the following questions:
1. Within the past 14 days, have you, or anyone in your household, come into contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19?
2. Are you, or anyone in your household, currently exhibiting flu-like symptoms (coughing, sneezing, shortness of breath)?
3. Within the past 24 hours, have you, or anyone in your household, had a temperature of (or in excess of) 100.4 degrees?
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols
We continue to follow rigorous sanitation protocols that include:
- Continuous scheduled disinfection of high-touch surfaces
- Option to wear disposable plastic gloves for gripping hand loops (provided by Ballet Austin)
- Overnight deep cleaning
- Your help with observing sanitation practices before and after your class
- Disinfectant spray or wipes located in each Pilates studio
- Hand-sanitizing stations are conveniently located in each Pilates studio for use before and after class
What You Can Do To Help Us All Stay Healthy
In an effort to keep everyone healthy, your help is needed to support a safe place to dance and work out. Together, we each do our part to prevent the spread of infectious illnesses.
- Wash your hands frequently
- Use a hand sanitizer that’s at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Prioritize your health. Get at least 20 minutes a day of exercise, eat a nutrient-rich diet, and get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep to help bolster the immune system
We continue to offer you choices
Keeping you active and well is part of Ballet Austin’s mission, which is why we will continue to offer you several alternatives to ON SITE classes:
Virtual Pilates Classes
For those interested in working out from home…or…VIRTUALLY from anywhere!
- Remote Pilates classes with our certified Pilates instructors delivered through:
- On-Demand Pilates Workouts (Library of recorded classes lead by our certified Pilates instructors)
Pilates Group Reformer Schedule
View the weekly Pilates Group Reformer schedule and make an advance reservation. On site classes are offered daily.
Pilates Group classes require a pre-requisite. If you are new to Pilates get started with a NEW CLIENT Package.