BA LIVE! / School Year 2020/21
Elementary Division (Ages 8-12)
Ballet Austin Academy staff members are coming to YOUR house!
BA LIVE! / Academy remote learning classes are designed to ensure that our instructors can see, speak with, and offer corrections to those in each class. Our resident faculty provides the guidance and encouragement crucial to a successful and healthy virtual class.
About the Program
Formal ballet training begins in the Elementary Division, a rigorous and comprehensive program of the highest caliber.
The Elementary Division syllabus progresses at a rate that allows the student to learn the exercises correctly and with full physicality. Repetition and slow careful work is emphasized, with the students learning discipline and control of their bodies.
Elementary Division students are required to attend all scheduled classes for their level and progress to the next level once they master the material and physical understanding of the syllabus in their current level. Students receive a written progress report at the end of each School Year.
There are many benefits to training at Ballet Austin Academy, for both the student and family.
- At the end of the year, Elementary Division students participate in the Academy Spring Presentation.*
- All Academy students train in the same state-of-the-art facilities Ballet Austin’s professional dancers and often are able to view rehearsals of upcoming performances.
- A select group of Ballet Austin Company Dancers are also instructors in the Elementary Division.
- Level 1 students and parents have the opportunity for an exclusive backstage tour of The Nutcracker during production week at The Long Center.*
- Level 2 and 3 students are eligible to audition for The Nutcracker.*
*These events are tentative pending updates to health and safety standards and mandates that may be in place at that time.
Other Ballet Austin Academy Benefits Include:
- 20% discount on single tickets to Ballet Austin performances at The Long Center, including The Nutcracker.
- Discounts to Butler Center for Dance & Fitness classes and workshops for parents.
- BeWell Talks for Academy parents and students.
- FREE or reduced rate parking, on-site or nearby
Meet Your Instructors
Level 1A: Monday and Wednesday 4-5pm. Teacher J. Hart
Level 1B: Monday and Wednesday 4:30-5:30pm. Teacher K. Yeary
Level 1C: Tuesday and Thursday 4:15pm–5:15pm. Teacher A. Capareda
Level 1D: Wednesday 5:45pm–6:45pm and Saturday 9:00am–10:00am. Teacher L. del Rosario
Level 2A: Monday and Wednesday 5:30pm–6:45pm. Teacher K. Yeary
Level 2B: Tuesday and Thursday 5:15pm–6:30pm. Teacher A. Capareda
Level 2C: Wednesday 5:45pm–7:00pm and Saturday 1:45pm–3:00pm. Teacher A. Capareda
Monday: Technique 5:00pm–6:30pm. Teacher S. Appleby.
Wednesday: Technique 5:00pm–6:30pm. Teacher S. Appleby.
Friday: Technique 5:00pm-6:30 and Stretch/Conditioning 6:30pm–7:00pm. Teacher J. Fuller.
Tuesday: Technique 5:30pm–7:00pm. Teacher K. Yeary.
Thursday: Technique 5:30pm–7:00pm. Teacher K. Yeary.
Saturday: Technique 11:45am–1:15pm and Stretch/Conditioning 1:15pm–1:45pm. Teacher A. Capareda
Monday: Technique 5:00pm–6:00pm. Teacher I. Bethany
Elementary Division Placement & Registration for New and Returning Students
For Current Academy Students
Level 1 students should enroll based upon their age as of September 1, 2020. Level 2 and 3 students should enroll based upon their 2019/20 year-end evaluation.
To register: DOWNLOAD PDF REGISTRATION FORM
If you have questions or need help registering your student, contact our Academy Registrar at 512.501.8703 or via email.
For New Students
Previous Ballet Experience, Ages 8+
Students age 8+, with previous ballet experience, who are new to Ballet Austin, are required to submit a Digital Audition to determine their acceptance and level placement. Contact the Academy Registrar to register or call 512.501.8703.
No Previous Ballet Experience, Ages 8–10
Students age 8, as of September 1, to age 10, with no previous dance experience, are automatically placed in Level 1.
No Previous Ballet Experience, Ages 11+
Students age 11+, with no previous dance experience, should contact the Butler Center for Dance & Fitness at 512.501.8704 to get information regarding ballet and other dance and fitness classes.