Elementary Division (Ages 8-12)
About the Program
Formal ballet training begins in the Elementary Division, a rigorous and comprehensive program of the highest caliber.
The Elementary Division syllabus progresses at a rate that allows the student to learn the exercises correctly and with full physicality. Repetition and slow careful work is emphasized, with the students learning discipline and control of their bodies.
Elementary Division students are required to attend all scheduled classes for their level and progress to the next level when they have mastered the material and physical understanding of the syllabus in their current level. Students receive a written progress report at the end of each school year.
There are many benefits to training at Ballet Austin Academy, for both the student and family.
- Live accompaniment is provided for all Elementary Division classes.
- Level 1 students and parents have the opportunity for an exclusive backstage tour of The Nutcracker during production week at The Long Center.
- Level 2 and 3 students are eligible to audition for The Nutcracker.
- At the end of the year, Elementary Division students participate in the Academy Spring Presentation.
- All Academy students train in the same state-of-the-art facilities Ballet Austin’s professional dancers and often are able to view rehearsals of upcoming performances.
- A select group of Ballet Austin Company Dancers are also instructors in the Elementary Division.
Elementary Division Level 1 (ages 8-10) classes are available at two Austin locations. The curriculum, faculty, tuition and dress code requirements are identical at both locations.
Other Benefits Include:
- 20% discount on single tickets to Ballet Austin performances at The Long Center, including The Nutcracker.
- Discounts to Butler Center for Dance & Fitness classes and workshops for parents.
- BeWell Talks specifically designed for Academy parents and students.
- The opportunity to learn more about Ballet Austin through a guided tour of our facility offered exclusively to Academy families in the fall and spring.
- FREE or reduced rate parking, on-site or nearby
Elementary Division Placement & Registration for New Students
Elementary Division Level Placement & New Student Registration information will be posted in June, 2020
Students age 11+, with no previous dance experience, should contact the Butler Center for Dance & Fitness at 512.501.8704 to get information regarding ballet and other dance and fitness classes.
Tuition – School Year Program
Ballet Austin Academy 2020/21 School Year Tuition will be posted in June, 2020
Ballet Austin Academy 2020/21 Class Schedule will be posted in June, 2020